Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sunglasses: Why it's important

Another day, another adventure.

This time in Malaysia.

Wow that actually kind of rhymes.

Anyway. I recently went on a trip to Melaka with my friends and I had a blast! Being abroad made me realize, I traveled a lot while I was in the US (and the thought of covering all 50 states definitely crossed my mind) but then I thought: wow I haven't even been to all 13 states in my own country.

And so when Abu suggested the four of us to go to Melaka, I'm definitely all aboard! The last time I went there was probably when I was in primary school. It's fun to sort of detach yourself as a Malaysian and see the country with fresh new eyes. Instead of "meh this place again" we can opt to "oooh maybe I missed something the last time let's keep our eyes peeled."

Speaking of eyes, in our Whatsapp group, Mus asked us to bring a pair of shades for the trip and so of course I brought mine (so did Alin) but also of course, the guys didn't. Typical.


Also wore it cycling (which was fun!);

Because when I don't omagaad nampak penat and minyak betul muka iolls lol



My Ray-ban is my go-to sunglasses and I'm surprised that I kept it for so long! I took it wherever I go like;

Madinah

Grand Canyon (lmaooo excuse the merah makngah lipstick)

Los Angeles (this was in Venice Canals - where Valentine's Day was shot! That scene with Ashton Kutcher and Jennifer Garner.



My favsss, San Francisco

If the red lipstick and Ray-ban wayfarer looks familiar... it's of course because...


Speaking of, I cannot wait to get my hands on Taylor Swift's new album omg. It's been two long years of no new music from her. Shake It Off is good, I love it (mainly because it's not about relationship and like idk I'm going into my last semester and I need all the motivation I can get) so jyeah SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE IT OFF cha cha real smooth

I still remember the day I woke up early before class just to go to Wal-Mart AND Target (gerl had two different versions of RED smh of course I had to buy it all)

Anyway. I don't really use any other accessories (necklace, bracelets etc) but sunglasses is definitely a necessity for me. Because on days I don't feel too good or too lazy to dress up, sunglasses just works. Also because:

1. It dazzles up your outfit. Instant style and confidence? Heck yeah gimme some of that
2. Wear the right one for your face shape* and it'll help make your face look more refined and structured - hashtag: sophisticated
3. You look ~mysterious~. Who dat who dat I-G-G-Y I'm so fancyyy, you already knoooow sorry I got carried away there
3. Didn't get enough sleep? Stayed up too late binge watching Breaking Bad?? Dark circles?? Put on a sunglasses and bam you're set
4. Sun protection - like duh we live in a tropical country. The only thing you should be squinting your eyes for is because your future is too bright and not because of the burning hot sun *snaps in Z formation
5. To avoid the paparazzi**

*Here's a guide I found on JustFab. My face is round-shaped so it makes sense why I keep wearing wayfarer... lol. But I find that it suits most face shapes!


**only applicable if you are... indeed chased by paparazzi.

Since I only have one pair of sunglasses I thought it's time to try something new... so I hit up ZALORA and was not disappointed! They offer a wide range of sunglasses including aviator, wayfarer, oversized and more from various brands.

I have quite a few friends who are, I won't say against it, but just can't seem to bring themselves to shop online. To that, gurrrl, I say you're missing out! I do it so much (especially in the States since my town is very the kampung) but online shopping is so convenient. You don't have to go out of your house, save money on gas, save the headache of trying to find parking (I went to Mid Valley recently and I kid you not we spent an hour searching for parking ugghh), and best of all is the feeling when your parcel finally arrives! Thank you abam poslaju :* Seriously though it's the best.

You'll also get RM20 off when you sign up for ZALORA's newsletter so go ahead and



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kalau dah pakai spek, acano nak pakai sunglasses...