Hello.
Man, it’s been a while since I wrote anything good. I’m feeling rusty! Hope my grammar isn’t too bad in this post.
Anyway. It’s a holiday tomorrow so by hook or by crook I want to post something up tonight!!!
I've been wanting to blog about my first job but then I realized the ethics side of it is all a bit blurry. So this post is a bit general so that I won't be in trouble bahaha (love you Vy don't fire me pls thx)
I've been wanting to blog about my first job but then I realized the ethics side of it is all a bit blurry. So this post is a bit general so that I won't be in trouble bahaha (love you Vy don't fire me pls thx)
It’s been five months since I started working at this company:
I don’t want to type out the name in case anybody Google about it and found my blog, heh.
I think one of the main reasons I decided to major in journalism back then is because I do NOT want to have a typical working hours, the 9 to 6. “It’d be so boring to be stuck behind a desk all day. I want to go out and about!”
Aaaaand my job requires me to actually be behind a desk from 9 to 6. Great irony there, Anis.
But at the same time I kind of enjoy it. I know when I go home I can just relax and not do work at all, except occasionally when customers complain and we had to open up our laptops to check a few stuff, or clear payment emails (which is easy, but a lot).
I know my parents are kind of against me working as a customer service person, I have a degree, studied abroad, and doing stuff technically someone with just an SPM can do. But I just want work experience and if anything, my job is all about helping people and I love being able to do that. Perspective here, people.
There were days when I’d go home smiling from a good day at work, and there were days when I was so stressed i could eat a tub of Mat Kool ice-cream in one sitting. I do feel tired and laggy sometimes, and my day-to-day is so… routine. I wake up, get ready for work, go to work (the traffic is madness!!!!), come home (again, traffic), sleep. And the cycle just repeats. By the time weekend comes around, sometimes all I want to do is sleep instead of going out for once. I don’t even know how working mothers do it!
I must say I do have wonderful colleagues :) We get frustrated together, laugh at silly emails together, and we text each other about our lives after working hours and on weekends as if being together for 9+ hours everyday is not enough haha. Raya was very stressful for all of us, a lot of emails, calls, orders, and people accusing we're ruining their Raya when their baju raya doesn't arrive in time.
Also, in case anybody's wondering, yes our (Instagram-famous) bosses are lovely in real life and so humble, their children are too adorable for words. Just don't mess up unless you want to get an all-caps text message at 11:30 p.m. why didn't you do this and that. I will not confirm nor deny that happened to me once.
If there’s anything I learned, and my working friends can agree on, there will always be office politics wherever you go and my company is no exception. But I try not to delve too much into it and just wave it off (okay fine I can’t pass up on good gossip sometimes haha).
Also can I mention lunch? Everyday nobody seems to know what they want to have for lunch and it's all so confusing I wish somebody makes a chart of what to eat everyday for lunch for the week but of course that cannot happen since some days we don't feel like eating this or that but then when we ask around everybody's okay with eating anything but nobody wants to make up their mind just choose a place already!!!
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
Now that I’m working I feel like I’m spending less and less time with my family and friends. I try my hardest, regardless of heavy eyelids, aching muscles, to go out if my friends invite me for a dinner because I know I have to put in the effort to maintain the friendship. Sometimes I get teary-eyed of how blessed I am to have friends from high school and college still keeping in touch even now that most of us have started work. How far we’ve come, alhamdulillah!
I’m also spending less time doing what I love most: reading. When I get home everyday I’d be too tired to read before bed like I usually do. Dusts start to settle on my books. And worst of all I feel like my English is slipping away! *goes on to read dictionaries and grammar books*
The other day I went shopping and since nothing is tickling my fancy, I went into Borders. Ah, how I miss thee, ol’ friends! “Since when this author came out with a new book!? Wait there’s a sequel already? Oprah came out with a new book? (Which I spent some time flipping and reading, and turns out the book was published last year. Great).”
I do feel if I’m not careful, if I don’t take the time out, life can passes by so, so easily. And then I’d be one of those grumpy old people mad at life and wishing all the “if only’s” and “what if’s”.
Other life update:
- My brother is currently admitted to the hospital for dengue and it's hard seeing him so weak like that. Still has the appetite for cupcakes and McD though, that rascal. Prayers for his speedy recovery would be appreciated!
- Also, bought ticket to see Yuna a month from now and can't wait! I'd say Yuna is my second favorite musician after Taylor Swift, and that's huge okay hehe.
- Currently reading Amy Poehler's book and loving it so far! I just realized I'm into biographies lately, especially female celebs in Hollywood? I've read Ellen's, Tina Fey's, Mindy Kaling's, Oprah's, and now Amy's. Maybe I should do a review for all these! They're all so inspiring and different in their own ways.
- Currently reading Amy Poehler's book and loving it so far! I just realized I'm into biographies lately, especially female celebs in Hollywood? I've read Ellen's, Tina Fey's, Mindy Kaling's, Oprah's, and now Amy's. Maybe I should do a review for all these! They're all so inspiring and different in their own ways.
- I'm staying away from Instagram until... further notice. No specific reason for getting rid of it really, no drama with anybody, nobody I want to avoid in particular. I just felt like I was spending too much time on Instagram maybe. So I thought it was all too much let's take a break. So far I'm doing great and for something I check everyday without fail, I don't have any impulse to check it at all right now. Maybe I'll stop for good.
Till next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment